neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:39 PM

just did my usual turntablelab check, and behold

now im loving this idea,since i want an mpc, but $800 is too damn high when for a few hundred more you can have the better fuller thing. BUT...this thing puts the 303, 404's etc. to shame.

if it were a few hundred cheaper i would buy as my first mpc, but the screen is a little blah, and who knows how long 6(!) AA batteries would last. so im still stuck on ebay waiting for my dream machine.

peace yall.

#2 durty finga

durty finga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:43 PM

Finaly!

#3 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:48 PM

rolands new 303's and 404's are a joke....

the old tb303... acid.......

hence the screen name j303......

just keep saving for the dream.. alot of music shops have mega sales on holidays. Sometimes they give you 6- 12 months to pay off the equipmment without intrest! :(

#4 DeezNutz

DeezNutz

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:09 PM

What a rip off. Remember when the Mpc 1000 first came out and you could get it for like $800 then they raised the price?

#5 thecleaner

thecleaner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Making beats, records, drums, video games, skateboarding

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

So I read somewhere that the pads are designed like the 2000XL & 4000, unlike the 1000. I also noticed on Akai's site their MPC comparison chart no longer shows the 2000XL. Discontinued???? Also on the chart it says all models have time stretch but I thought the 1000 doesn't......Anyone enlighten me on this???

I've been using a Roland SP 808EX since 'bout '00 and I want to get an MPC at some point, but I've gotten spoiled using my 808's timestretch......

Um, yeah.

#6 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,500 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 24 September 2006 - 03:27 AM

in 6 years of owning my mpc 2000xl ive never used the timestretch function,its not really up to much imo

#7 Durlin Lurt

Durlin Lurt

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:04 AM

rolands new 303's and 404's are a joke....

the old tb303... acid.......
hence the screen name j303......

just keep saving for the dream.. alot of music shops have mega sales on holidays. Sometimes they give you 6- 12 months to pay off the equipmment without intrest! :D

I've been using the SP-303 since it was introduced. I was initially using it to make drones and collages, but, once learned, it has become a very effective machine for chopping, bouncing and whatever. It's much more like a four-track, or working with tape (and i'd recommend it to anyone who has worked with tape [cutting and splicing/whatever]). This is great as it really forces one to use their ears, and helps to develop mixing techniques.
My debut beat CD, a collaboration with multi-instrumentalist Oscar P McClure, will be out early next month. It's pretty much all SP-303...think PPP on mescaline...
...If anyone would like a taste i can yousendit you a set of beats...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users