• Please log in to reply
1139 replies to this topic

#601 Fake Krills

Fake Krills

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

i love being let down by DOOM on a consistent basis...haha, still the best though.

haha exactly how i feel. i take all "announcements" with a grain of salt, but it's hard to not get excited when Doom is involved

#602 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

love being let down by DOOM on a consistent basis...haha, still the best though.

DOOM will start surprising you when you stop having expectations for him.
  • LuvBunz, SwampThing and Fake Krills like this

#603 SciFly

SciFly

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

We're due for a flood of Doom releases if all these projects are even happening. One can only hope.

#604 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

We're due for a flood of Doom releases if all these projects are even happening. One can only hope.

Let me burst your bubble real quick, none of these projects will ever probably come out. And like I said before, only after you have lost all hope of DOOM granting your expectations will he ever surprise you. It's taken me an extremely long time as a Dumile fan to figure this out. Don't pay attention to all the supposed projects that get mentioned in linear notes, half tweets, and other Internet rumors. Believe anything that has the Villain's name attached to it will drop only after the label itself has announced a release date and has pictures of a physical product on their website. DOOM is a villain, so obviously he is not a credible source of information, nor are any of his felonious associates.
  • LuvBunz and Jurmainson like this

#605 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Listen to Sunny. He's cracked how to be a DOOM fan. He literally just gave everyone a manifesto. It takes a long time to get into that headspace, but when you see the light you'll only love DOOM more for it.
  • SunnyMeadowz and Templar like this

#606 Jurmainson

Jurmainson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

Let me burst your bubble real quick, none of these projects will ever probably come out. And like I said before, only after you have lost all hope of DOOM granting your expectations will he ever surprise you. It's taken me an extremely long time as a Dumile fan to figure this out. Don't pay attention to all the supposed projects that get mentioned in linear notes, half tweets, and other Internet rumors. Believe anything that has the Villain's name attached to it will drop only after the label itself has announced a release date and has pictures of a physical product on their website. DOOM is a villain, so obviously he is not a credible source of information, nor are any of his felonious associates.

lol

#607 Samir_

Samir_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Posted Image

Next collab or just photo opportunity?

http://youtu.be/LgmpUxO7m68?t=1m32s
  • mixupsupreme, Yvon and GC90 like this

#608 Yvon

Yvon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

Good kids having fun.

#609 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Gonna throwup.

#610 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Even if you aren't a fan of OF music, why the hate for them being legit fans of folks like DOOM?

#611 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

Out of respect for the hustle.

#612 AleisterBenway

AleisterBenway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

wow DOOM is actually preforming pretty good in that OF video. I dont understand why sometimes he re-adopts that sing-songy voice of his KMD days when preforming live.

#613 Machiventa

Machiventa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Interests:Love, Hugs, & Hip Hop Soul

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

wow DOOM is actually preforming pretty good in that OF video. I dont understand why sometimes he re-adopts that sing-songy voice of his KMD days when preforming live.

Not really sure what you mean. Every time I've ever seen DOOM (4 times) he was really good. I've never heard him do a sing-songy voice before.

#614 AleisterBenway

AleisterBenway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

check his preformance here. sounds pretty sing-songy to me.

#615 bigchewp

bigchewp

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

Bit late into the discussion but you can get a single diic ad on for the JJ DOOM butta version for 6.on the lex records store. It clips on to the original album.
Not really a bad prices for a remix EP.

Bit late into the discussion but you can get a single diic ad on for the JJ DOOM butta version for 6.on the lex records store. It clips on to the original album.
Not really a bad price for a remix EP.

#616 bigchewp

bigchewp

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

On the topic of DOOM live. He's been doing a ton of shows in the UK. I saw him in LEEDs in 2011 and he sounded great. Not many emcees sound that good on the Mic. Saying that there was a reported DOOMposter incident at a gig recently. I'll try and find the article and post a link.

#617 bigchewp

bigchewp

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

DOOMposter at UK GIG.

I swear that Bambatta in the DOOM mask

http://www.stumbleup...ment-music-news

Attached Files

#618 Cheel

Cheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC AND TING
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cheel

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:17 AM

He should send the doomposter to meet OF fanboys

Ha!
  • MWBOOGIE likes this

#619 Fake Krills

Fake Krills

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

Even if you aren't a fan of OF music, why the hate for them being legit fans of folks like DOOM?

because jealousy>respect
specifically around here

also that bigchewp article is dated. 2012

#620 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

The sing-songy thing is easier now for an older and more out-of-shape Doom. Probably an easier flow for someone lacking the breath control that he once had. He be pretty heavy these days. It cant be that easy to perform that much.

That DOOMbot was really fat. I was glad that I did not bother with his shows Stateside a few years ago. There was a Doombot there, too. I do not know where they got dude from.

It's funny how ill I thought that Lib interview was. Its already getting old. The guy moves at the speed of sound.

#621 mrvaughn

mrvaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Maybe DOOM is no longer 'banished' and is back in the US. Seems to be due to perform in Minnesota this November. Probably a mistake by the promoters tho...

http://minnesota.cbs...013-fest-slate/

#622 AleisterBenway

AleisterBenway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Ha! thats crazy about DOOM coming to minnesota. İ used to live there and was like ''FUCK MAN whyd i leave?'' Now i just found out that him and Mos Def are doing a show in Istanbul where i live now. im pretty set on going but i am a little worried about a possible imposter making an apperance instead. i have little to no money and buying a ticket to a set where DOOM doesnt show would be a major let-down and waste of much needed cash. What should i do? take the risk?

#623 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

^Man I feel for you dude. I wouldn't trust Y. Bey either, haha. He has performed with the DOOM bot. What you doing in Istanbul? harika.

#624 AleisterBenway

AleisterBenway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

so you say dont go for it? its part of some massive jazz festival so it may be rad regardless. and its a long story. basically been hitch hiking around europe the past year and ran outta cash in istanbul so i found a job and now im living here.

#625 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

What a great story--hitchhiking and running out of cash in Istanbul of all places. Who cares about the DOOM bot, then. It will be a great experience anyway. Just be careful over there. If you have a lousy time you can hold me accountable.

#626 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-WGB7_SfqQ

check his preformance here. sounds pretty sing-songy to me.

Just to reiterate....That Mos Def song though.

#627 mrvaughn

mrvaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Not the best track but a funny appearance from DOOM and one of his sons. Art Daley gets the special herbs treatment, so no change there.

Got me thinking tho. Who remembers DOOM's proposed 'Essential Elements' series? This was supposed to be vols 0-9 of new instrumentals which would be named after elements of the periodic table, instead of herbs. Wonder if that ever developed at all. Would be nice to hear how DOOM has developed as a producer as I don't think i've heard a new beat from him since those two on the John Robinson LP.

#628 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

Yeah he was going on about that (imaginary) essential elements series in the Frank151 book. But Bishop Nehru claims to have a bunch of new DOOM beats so who the fuck knows.

#629 MattCoops

MattCoops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/mattcoopshiphop

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

The fact that he leaves you ever hanging for more is a testament to how good he is. DOOM embodies the components that motivate me in my art.

#630 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Interesting takes on the man. My concern is biters. Since he has inspired many--do you think that there will someone who has the exact bellowing, off-beat flow?

Would people still want to hear another DOOM? You know that it is coming with people even copying his videos.

The production is a different story--I think it funny that anyone would care to remix his songs which are perfect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yvon