1149 replies to this topic

#631 MattCoops

MattCoops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/mattcoopshiphop

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

I think it funny that anyone would care to remix his songs which are perfect.

Pete Rock did remixes to already perfect songs and came up with some crafty projects.

#632 mrvaughn

mrvaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Pete Rock did remixes to already perfect songs and came up with some crafty projects.

I wonder what the status is with that album that DOOM is doing with an as yet unnamed New York producer. Lately i've suspected/hoped that it may be Q-Tip. Pete Rock seems to be most peoples main suspect but i'm not so sure.

#633 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

No way. That would sound really weak. Buff respect to Q, but his influential period is done. Their combined expression would be garbage. Yes another critical post.

Only exception! Anyway I commend you on making one hell of a point.

No way. That would sound really weak. Buff respect to Q, but his influential period is done. Their combined expression would be garbage. Yes another critical post.

Only exception! Anyway I commend you on making one hell of a point.

#634 mrvaughn

mrvaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Q's last album was great. The production was spot on in my opinion and he would be a better choice than most of his 90's contemporaries. Who would be your preferred choice?

#635 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Thanks for the tip on his latest. I will check it out. I did like the two previous projects and am a life-long fan. He is just a bit soft in my opinion to enjoy the true fruits of DOOM's labour. Your question gets very personal.

Pete Rock would could DOOM with that old NY buttery flow that we are so accustomed to.
For some reason, I would like to hear some DOOM flows over Alchemist beats. I'm not confident in my opinions, but I think Qtip has too much soul and may suffer from too girlie themes at times. I do not want DOOM to go the way of the Rainbow flag holders.

#636 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

Q's last album was great.

You talkin bout The Renaissance?

Honestly a DOOMTip (Q-DOOM?) album, despite the fact that Tip's been silent for years, would be fucking insane. It'd be a weird choice for DOOM in terms of what we're used to from him, but so was JJ DOOM. Just imagine DOOM over all the beats from Kamaal the Abstract... Of course with the combined procrastination of tip and DOOM it'd be on shelves only a few decades after DOOMSTARKS.

For some reason, I would like to hear some DOOM flows over Alchemist beats.

Alchemist is from CA. Meanwhile everybody would expect it to be Pete Rock which is why I'd guess it's not, if it was happening at all. BUT haha we're not gonna get no DOOM album with a major golden-era NY producer, no-how, no-way. He's just instigating riots among the peasants is all.

#637 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,192 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

BUT haha we're not gonna get no DOOM album with a major golden-era NY producer, no-how, no-way. He's just instigating riots among the peasants is all.

THIS!!!

There is no DOOM album getting made with a golden era NY producer. And if there is one then its coming the same time the DOOM/Mr. Fantastick album gets released. Which is never.

#638 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

haha, they still gotta find Mr. Fantastik from what i've read...let alone get him in a booth.

what about:

DOOM-Tang?
ASAP DOOM?
3rd Bass/Zev Love X reunion?
MFu Schnickens?
Heavy D-OOM?
Tim Dog DOOM?

lol

#639 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

^The 3rd Bass sort of thing came to mind, mostly. Just anyone really with that older sound.
Surprisingly, DOOM and Wu Tang would still work. But how much Ghostface DOOM can anyone listen to and DOOM would get exasperated dosey doing with the fringe members (who I prefer really).

You talkin bout The Renaissance?

Honestly a DOOMTip (Q-DOOM?) album, despite the fact that Tip's been silent for years, would be fucking insane. It'd be a weird choice for DOOM in terms of what we're used to from him, but so was JJ DOOM. Just imagine DOOM over all the beats from Kamaal the Abstract... Of course with the combined procrastination of tip and DOOM it'd be on shelves only a few decades after DOOMSTARKS.

Alchemist is from CA. Meanwhile everybody would expect it to be Pete Rock which is why I'd guess it's not, if it was happening at all. BUT haha we're not gonna get no DOOM album with a major golden-era NY producer, no-how, no-way. He's just instigating riots among the peasants is all.

I think there may have been a release of some "ZULU" something or another last year. Maybe it was unreleased, though. I dont recall him mentioning any release for a while. But, both Rene..and kamaal were great albums...except the overly poppy hooks on maybe one or two songs...made me want to shoot my ears after awhile. He needs not only yes men, but some bum to act as quality control sometimes.

Sorry that I got off point with the Alchemist idea. I should have been clear in thought and word. Yes, we were talking NY producers so I should have left it at Pete Rock. I'm just looking at someone from his lane in terms of time and space. I mentioned it before that JJDOOM much respect to your opinions--but I found it to be well...a dive into a waterless pool.

#640 Fake Krills

Fake Krills

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

over anything else i'd want a Doom/Mr. Fantastik album. the songs they have together are some of the best in doom's catalogue, imo, and hearing more Mr. Fantastik would be, well, fantastic

#641 mrvaughn

mrvaughn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:08 AM

http://potholesinmyb...ehru-interview/

Dude says it's coming out end of '13, but says there are no tracks done, and he can't go back to the UK yet to record anything. That's not even considering the 'DOOM-Time' factor...Clearly a young dude if he's that naive, lol.

Still, will be good to hear this when it does eventually drop. Insert standard 'I hope it's not special herbs beats' comment here.

#642 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

'13 would be a miracle frankly, but for once it seems that these will be new beats.

#643 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

'13 would be a miracle frankly, but for once it seems that these will be new beats.

Posted Image

#644 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

^ good call, but according to that interview and Lex themselves and his twitter, unlike Ace he actually seems to be setting up plans with DOOM, getting shit sent to him from the UK, etc. unless that's just bullshit. I guess in DOOMspiracy Land it could all be a PR stunt by Lex to draw attention to the kid. But he is opening up for the Wu and shit, it'd be weird (and hilarious) if his debut record was a rumored DOOM collab that never panned out. Of course as usual don't believe it till you hear it though.

#645 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

i want a DOOM + Bieber collab lol.

#646 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Its probably on its way.

#647 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Why is every DOOM/Madlib interview all about shit we already know? I'm sorry, but I just picked up that wax poetics issue with the madlib on it and they stress the same quasimoto, lootpack shit as always. No wonder they hate doing interviews. They're all set in 99-04. Fuck any magazine that continues to cover jaylib, madvillainy, & quasimoto era work!

That is all...

• LuvBunz, D'MosPhree, GC90 and 2 others like this

#648 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

Why is every DOOM/Madlib interview all about shit we already know? I'm sorry, but I just picked up that wax poetics issue with the madlib on it and they stress the same quasimoto, lootpack shit as always. No wonder they hate doing interviews. They're all set in 99-04. Fuck any magazine that continues to cover jaylib, madvillainy, & quasimoto era work!

That is all...

Hear, hear!!! That's the main reason I avoid pretty much all their interviews.

#649 MattCoops

MattCoops

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/mattcoopshiphop

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

I was gonna buy that Wax Poetics issue. But I guess I'll pass and spend my money diggin' in the dollar bin instead.

#650 Samir_

Samir_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

http://www.xxlmag.co...is-best-verses/

#651 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:40 & A BLUNT, light1up, light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jubitoo

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

Hahah I was just reading it, about to post it as well. You beat me to it.

#652 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

still putting those finishing touches on the MV sequel huh?

lmao I wish interviewers would ask DOOM followup questions. His answers tend towards being less well-thought-out, I swear I can almost always picture him on the phone with the interviewer in the middle of doing his daily errands like going to the bank, all distracted and shit. A lot of "Hmm Good call... Yeah, I was just rapping, really. And Snitch rhymes with Knish. Next question."

Sometimes a nugget will appear though, haha he pretty much just did Dangerdoom for the bread. that's about it. didn't know or like adult swim beforehand, didn't have anything good or bad to say about dangermouse, etc.

#653 DDAA

DDAA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, recently, like over five years ago, but to me that’s kinda recent.

Now I can get a grasp on DOOMs concept of time.
  • Jubito likes this

#654 Templar

Templar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Sometimes a nugget will appear though, haha he pretty much just did Dangerdoom for the bread. that's about it. didn't know or like adult swim beforehand, didn't have anything good or bad to say about dangermouse, etc.

Yea this was the most interesting part of the interview for me as well, guess enough time has passed that he can be open about it now.

Doesn't make it any less of a great album

#655 Samir_

Samir_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

http://instagram.com/p/foGHviLgdC/

#656 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

http://instagram.com/p/foGHviLgdC/

Good looks NA!!!!

#657 Yvon

Yvon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

Okay so this looks great :

Better than the regular itunes strumentals playlist he uses anyway :D

#658 nervous

nervous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Posted Image

Looks like that chrome ain't glistening like it used to. And where's the new album yo?

#659 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

^ hear hear!

#660 Cheel

Cheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC AND TING
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cheel

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

That just looks like DOOM next to some guy wearing a rubber madlib mask