23 replies to this topic

#1 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

Yo I'm a former STMB member for the longest. Anybody in the charlotte or surrounding area want to see MADLIB in Ashville NC, this weekend? I have an extra Ticket and a friend decided to not go at the last minute. I will put half on gas, plus I got the ticket.

Please PM me (phone#, etc) by 2:00pm EST Saturday, April 30th!!!!

I don't want to miss this, and seeing that stonesthrow artist, especially MADLIB, never comes to the south, You might not want to miss this either. Please help!

#2 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

Well Madlib was simply fucking awesome. He played nothing but new shit, after new shit, after new shit, after new shit. He played MAYBE 5 old songs and they were from The medicine show. ALL NEW SHIT!!!!! And he Fucking KILLED IT! Not to mention that the crowed was great and he had the vibe goin as well.

THANK YOU EGON. THANK YOU STONES THROW. THANK YOU MADLIB FOR FINALLY COMING TO THE SOUTH!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

by the way this board fell off hard after I was "let go"
Posted Image

:lol: :P

#4 mau

mau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

nice pics

#5 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:12 AM

Now when's 'Lib gonna bless Atlanta with his presence?

#6 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

Thanks mau.

He also played I think two never heard before jaylib tracks, but they were cut short of course

#7 KnuckleHead

KnuckleHead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

Damn.. sounds better then the wack ass SF set we got from him! In my opinion of course!

Glad you enjoyed tho!

#8 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:35 PM

Damn.. sounds better then the wack ass SF set we got from him! In my opinion of course!

Glad you enjoyed tho!

That's cause that SF audience was wack as FUCK; punks got what they deserved B)

I was just thread digging yesterday and I said to myself. 'Where the fuck is Dick Starbuck?'.

#9 drahcir

drahcir

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

Well Madlib was simply fucking awesome. He played nothing but new shit, after new shit, after new shit, after new shit. He played MAYBE 5 old songs and they were from The medicine show. ALL NEW SHIT!!!!! And he Fucking KILLED IT! Not to mention that the crowed was great and he had the vibe goin as well.

THANK YOU EGON. THANK YOU STONES THROW. THANK YOU MADLIB FOR FINALLY COMING TO THE SOUTH!!!!

Word! It was amazing!

The weekend before, my girlfriend and I were talking about how we wish we could see Madlib in concert, but he just never comes close enough. As luck would have it, during my drive home on Monday a local radio station announced that it was about to give away 2 tickets to see Madlib in Asheville on Saturday! Unfortunately, I wasn't the 4th caller, but so what?! Madlib's playing just 2 1/2 hours away???! I'm there, son!!!

Thanks for the pictures. My girlfriend and I were on the opposite side of the stage, but more toward the back (so I could bounce to the beats--can't help but move to the Bad Kid's grooves). We were a little too far back to get clear pictures.
Oh, and check out youtube (just search "Madlib Asheville). One guy has posted his videos from the show already. I know more people made video recordings, so I hope they upload them, too.

My only regret is that I wish I could have "relit" myself before he came on--probably should've gone out to the smoking deck... ;) ...but I didn't. Should've brought something in or gone out to the car between shows--or even during Washed Out--...but I didn't. Oh well.... <_<

One of the coolest things about the experience was that he hung out after the show (as your last picture shows). My girlfriend and I were some of the last to get to him (which was cool because he seemed more clearheaded and one-on-one without the huge crowd waiting and vying for his attention).
He was very real and sincere. I just shook his hand and said "Thank you, man" but I could tell in his face that he really heard me and understood me--seemed genuinely appreciative, which is cool because it's easy to become desensitized to such comments from fans. You know? He responded with something like "Thank you, bro. Ya'll be careful."

My girlfriend handed him one of our tickets to sign. I've scanned it because I'd like some help deciphering it:

Posted Image
(hopefully that'll work...)

I know that the 2nd line is "360º" and I think that the 3rd line is "Madlib" and the first part of the 4th line is "aka" (maybe), but I'm really not sure about the rest (the first and last words).

Any ideas or suggestions?

#10 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

I know that the 2nd line is "360º" and I think that the 3rd line is "Madlib" and the first part of the 4th line is "aka" (maybe), but I'm really not sure about the rest (the first and last words).

Any ideas or suggestions?

"respect 360
madlib..." cant read the rest

#11 drahcir

drahcir

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

"respect 360
madlib..." cant read the rest

Right on. I was thinking "Respect," but wasn't sure. He was writing on a CD case, so he didn't really have a lot of support and room and whatnot.
But the rest seems like "aka G..." ... I don't know.

A new alias, perhaps??

#12 Bumbler

Bumbler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Posted Image

drinking vino while he's spinning hahahaha

#13 drahcir

drahcir

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

drinking vino while he's spinning hahahaha

Yeah buddy!
He gave the bottle to a girl in the front row.
Of course, then she pushed ahead of everyone to get it signed. No patience! ;) But seriously...she already got the bottle--she could've at least waited her turn. But it's all good. I was happy for her. What a cool souvenir.

But yeah. He finished the bottle during the show. Drank mainly during his little "dance sequences."

Such a badass.

#14 Minvk

Minvk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:54 PM

i think its says aka lord quaz

#15 drahcir

drahcir

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

i think its says aka lord quaz

You RULE!!! :D
That's definitely what it says! (Except it's usually spelled "Lord Quas," so what looks like a 'z' may be an 's'.)

Thank you. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. You know? B)

So I think:

Posted Image

should read:

Respect
360º
Madlib
aka Lord Quas

Thank you.

I love that it's still uncertain, unclear, and open to interpretation, though.
Quite representative of Madlib the Man, no?

#16 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:59 PM

That's cause that SF audience was wack as FUCK; punks got what they deserved

What you know about it Sunny? You went or what? I hope that wasn't a diss on the bay

#17 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

What you know about it Sunny? You went or what? I hope that wasn't a diss on the bay

All I know is that some dude(s) started booing the Bad Kid less than five minutes into the set. Now I'm sure not everyone in the audience was acting like an ignorant schmuck but those few who were really did ruin that show. Not a diss on the bay at all, just dissing those impatient assholes who feel like Madlib owes them a hand job and an advanced copy of MV3.

#18 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

alright, agreed. fools need to calm down about MV3, and definitely need to calm down at DJ sets too

#19 Mr Teeth

Mr Teeth

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

#20 Mr Teeth

Mr Teeth

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

#21 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:39 PM

I would say those were some fucked up post, or ST is gonna take those down, etc., but How many people can actually say they been to a Madlib set where shit was as dope as my experience. The Sound was so fucking good in that place, EVERYONE was trying to hear the beats. I got so fucked up my dudes, such a great time for me.

These vids don't compare, but is great for the memory.

#22 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:09 PM

Second Vid starting # 8:38 to the end...lib cut that shit uber short, but the follow up was so
B) B)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I def remember that part everyone was quiet enough to hear the uber dopeness

#23 ANT8U

ANT8U

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Im a Funky Mathmetician.. Suave herbalist local pot doper presentator and mediator.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

I know Im late on this.. But I drove up from Atlanta to see this show and I gotta say Asheville is one of the weirdest places I've ever seen. Its a Little 5ive Points x 25.. Hipsters and stinky people everywhere and everybody jus seemed xtra corny to me.. good show tho!

#24 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

2 years ago wow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users