• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:40 & A BLUNT, light1up, light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jubitoo

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

Did you guys hear this?

If you didn't, enjoy the dream-team doing their shit.

#32 Jurmainson

Jurmainson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

I enjoy that song a lot more than I did before.

Flying Lotus's flow on those very last few bars bah gawd.

#33 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Sounds like music for simpletons.

I think that shine off the youngster's forehead reflected too much light into dooms' masks eye holes.

Jebise.

#34 AleisterBenway

AleisterBenway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

i think earl is capable of writing good bars but he is so inconsistent. Even in that DOOM collab youd think he'd try his hardest but it seems like he wrote that verse in 5 minutes.

#35 Jurmainson

Jurmainson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

i think earl is capable of writing good bars but he is so inconsistent. Even in that DOOM collab youd think he'd try his hardest but it seems like he wrote that verse in 5 minutes.

Agreed

#36 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

rappin good as mother fuckin' janitors sweep now?

I don't know, hating on this song is silly. Earl's got the weakest verse but who cares. Maybe he was nervous. I'll bet it's hard to impress sandwiched in between those two guys, let alone just having to follow DOOM here: "Drop these bombs on a critic from a grass knoll, everybody got one, ya moms is a asshole"... hard to follow up a giant who's still in perfect form.

#37 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:51 AM

Jebise.

Nemoj se uzrujavati. Gubi se.
Have some good music, will ya:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISHPumshGgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgmpUxO7m68

OF members meet DOOM.

I'd shed I tear too.

#38 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Nemoj se uzrujavati. Gubi se.

Nije li vaša majka vas naučiti da vole dobru glazbu? Zašto ste, dobro malo hrvatsko dječak slušanje na (crnačke) glazbe? OF je strašna i tako je ova stvar Lil B. Uz sve dobre klasične glazbe, odlučite slušati loše američki hip-hop?

lol.

Anyway, nice to meet you buddy.

#39 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Nije li vaša majka vas naučiti da vole dobru glazbu? Zašto ste, dobro malo hrvatsko dječak slušanje na (crnačke) glazbe? OF je strašna i tako je ova stvar Lil B. Uz sve dobre klasične glazbe, odlučite slušati loše američki hip-hop?

lol.

Anyway, nice to meet you buddy.

Google translate did a sloppy job. Anyway I was trolling you with that Lil' B song. OF, along with a few other modern artists (Action Bronson, some Raider Klan stuff, A$AP Rocky's older stuff, Joey Bada$$, The Doppelgangaz) are the only thing I support and don't worry, I'm well educated on the classics. But that doesn't mean that being open-minded about some of the contemporary artists is a bad thing. They have their own style which I support and dig. So yeah, don't jump to conclusions and start judging me just because I posted one song (which was not even about OF as a group) on here. None of these will ever compare to who I consider to be the best - Redman.

#40 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Ha. Kakusi. Your English is rather good. Not used to that. I find your interests pretty cool. Not a fan of any of that new stuff so I will not get into it. Redman was good at creating an image. His lyrical content was always very good. Unfortunately, he will never have 15M twitter followers like Marshall Mathers, though, he kind of created that style. Shouldn't you be listening to Thompson? Kidding.

#41 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Just saw this. Real dope video.

#42 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,971 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Redman was good at creating an image. His lyrical content was always very good. Unfortunately, he will never have 15M twitter followers like Marshall Mathers, though, he kind of created that style.

Marshall has said before that Whut? Thee Album is one of his all time favorite LPs. You can tell the young Mathers bit heavily from Reggie and Masta Ace.

#43 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

Reggie is a king MC.

#44 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Yeah, to really get the essence of Redman, you have to listen to the music--no videos or acting by him. By the time he ended his career he was really a third Wayans Brother. Anyone interested in a Red and Meth album? Probably the worst ever acquisition..."yo tear the roof off" GTFOH

#45 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,971 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

^ Dude just STFU...

#46 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

Ended his career???!

#47 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

^ Dude just STFU...

A yeah. What has Redman been doing for the past couple of years, my brova? It should be rather easy for you to play connect the dots.

Hey I love the guy but he grew up.

He is one of my all time favorite MCs--maybe I did not make that clear.

#48 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

let's get the thread back on track...

#49 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

Lol at that Thompson joke, I didn't know he had so much influence outside of our country. Hopefully I'm not the nationalist type so I don't listen to him and most of our shitty music. Anyway we were talking about Funk doc..I wouldn't agree with your statement MWBOOGIE. It took me some time to get into his latest albums (even Reggie and BO!2). But after I've listened to his discography a couple of times I realized that he never really abandoned his style. He's one of the few consistent MCs that have been true to their style and to the hood in my opinion. Yeah he moved on with the production at some points, but his lyrical content always included his trademark smart metaphors and comparisons. You are right, he doesn't have his 15M followers on twitter, but he is definitely one of the most respected cats in the game, I mean the list of artists he collaborated with would be way too long for me to start listing it here. The hood respects him and that's all that matters to him, at least that's what it looks like to me. Have you heard his latest?

I like him on this '2nd childhood' beat way better than Nas, feels like it was tailor made for him.
I honestly can't wait for him to drop Muddy Waters 2, so hyped to see what he got in store for the hardcore fans that want his classic Muddy Waters style back. Whatever he drops, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
And yeah, in one of his songs Eminem starts naming his favorite MCs and Redman is the first name he drops.
'Opinions are like voices, we all have a different kind' but we can all agree that Redman is one of the best to ever do it, I'm glad you love him as much as I do.
Sorry for derailing the thread.

#50 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 3,971 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

^ Oh I'm not doubting that the last decade has been cruel and unusual in terms of the music he is putting out, but come on man, Blackout was a dope album. Yeah it wasn't that grimy '94 Tical/Dare Iz A Darkside sound but for coming out in '99 that shit was nice.

#51 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

so now you are going back to 99. I guess we agree then.

Jubito--I could say that the production and raps in that video are not so good. No offense, majstor. You can PM me if you want to chat some more. You do not understand my grammar because you are Istrinice! Haha. Much love.

#52 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

A yeah. What has Redman been doing for the past couple of years, my brova? It should be rather easy for you to play connect the dots.

Hey I love the guy but he grew up.

He is one of my all time favorite MCs--maybe I did not make that clear.

I got Redman on my Facebook. He is traveling the world non stop touring. He ain't grown up much.

#53 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Is he actually performing? Fell off my radar.

#54 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Yah man. Worldwide. Non stop. Money is in live gigs these days anyways. Red is still up to no good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users