#4 flowmontana71

flowmontana71

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:47 AM

YES! i was hoping for a soul mix ..

This is pretty ironic..... I was just playing that "Motown" Podcast yesterday on my way to work....

I know this joint is gonna be CLASSIC!!!!!

http://www.beatrelease.com/fm71
"Listen you Donkey... No one tells Kingpin to GET BACK!!!!"

#5 Taskmaster2112

Taskmaster2112

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:21 AM

nice. looks like we could get 9 and 10 in October, since this one seems to be done already.

#6 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

Can't wait, there will be some gems for sure.

#7 warrensid

warrensid

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

yesssssss

#8 Chop

Chop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

Can't wait, there will be some gems for sure.

Of course there will be, madlib samples GEMS from CLASSIC RECORDS all the time! Even if you add kicks, snares and hats to the track, shit ain't changed. And everyone can do that. It's all about dope SAMPLES, son!
  • Chop likes this

#9 Chop

Chop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

Stones Throw should just start LEGALLY re-releasing out of print records, beginning from madlib's collection. Real music for real people. No need to fuck them up by sampling and shit...

How can y'all even listen to sampled shit all the time? Ever tried listening to real musicians? It's funny when you think about it, most of these cats with a sampler and drum machine can't tell the difference between a major and minor key - and still they are regarded as one of the greatest producers ever? LOL.

"Victory At Sea" by Richard Rodgers, a 13 hour long symphony. I wonder how long it took for him to compose that. That's what my grandpa was always telling me about. Good old days.

=)
  • Chop likes this

#10 kcat

kcat

Crate diggin' kitty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:beats, love songs, Simpsons, guitar

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

Ooooh SOUL?! :) Eeeeek, ineeditnow!!!!

#11 thethiefstheme

thethiefstheme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://snd.sc/oLdd3n

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

TOTALLY CALLED IT

http://www.stonesthr...97

Mayans ain't got shit on me
  • Jadoe likes this

#12 wyandotte

wyandotte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:43 PM

Stones Throw should just start LEGALLY re-releasing out of print records, beginning from madlib's collection. Real music for real people. No need to fuck them up by sampling and shit...

How can y'all even listen to sampled shit all the time? Ever tried listening to real musicians? It's funny when you think about it, most of these cats with a sampler and drum machine can't tell the difference between a major and minor key

=)

i know , ive met tons of producers who dont know the basic AABA format for a song or what a chord progression is but claim to be experts in Jazz and think they have the rarist shit
  • Chop likes this

#13 nairoko

nairoko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:20 PM

Posted Image
  • yasharwan likes this

#14 Chop

Chop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:14 AM

i know , ive met tons of producers who dont know the basic AABA format for a song or what a chord progression is but claim to be experts in Jazz and think they have the rarist shit

No doubt bruh, the sad thing is that nowadays even the beginners are claiming this and people who've put sampled records out but really don't know shit about any other thing than sampling and making a profit out of it. For example, if you sample the shit out of a rare jazz album and claim that the shit you've managed to rework it into IS your own original composition - you still couldn't compose the original record that you raped with your 200 dollar sampler and drum machine. Even Sun Ra would agree. It's not quantum physics.
  • Chop likes this

#15 ST Bot

ST Bot

STMB Official

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:41 AM

TOTALLY CALLED IT

http://www.stonesthr...97

Mayans ain't got shit on me

didnt quite call it. #10 is disco

#16 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:42 AM

http://twitter.com/m...tus/25600267816

'Disco', not soul.

EDIT: Sorry, ST Bot beat me to it.

#17 Trewz.com

Trewz.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:43 AM

niice, i enjoyed the soul mix on the secret record set from the rels album, should be promising!

#18 Vilens

Vilens

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:15 AM

didnt quite call it. #10 is disco

gotta say this is the best news i've heard in a long time.

#19 yasharwan

yasharwan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:38 AM

Posted Image

HILLARIOUS!

#20 thethiefstheme

thethiefstheme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://snd.sc/oLdd3n

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:39 AM

I predicted 'soul' (not soul music as some of you inferred). The record has the word soul in the title: therefore my prediction came true.

Posted Image

Out of the estimated 988968 words in the English language, I successfully predicted one of only two words in the title.

Also a disco album is promising
  • WaldoH likes this

#21 ynqhead

ynqhead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 01:28 PM

How can y'all even listen to sampled shit all the time? Ever tried listening to real musicians? It's funny when you think about it, most of these cats with a sampler and drum machine can't tell the difference between a major and minor key - and still they are regarded as one of the greatest producers ever? LOL.

"Victory At Sea" by Richard Rodgers, a 13 hour long symphony. I wonder how long it took for him to compose that. That's what my grandpa was always telling me about. Good old days.

=)

Why do you assume that we listen to sampled music all the time? If anything, the mixes and samples he uses makes me learn more about "the good old days". As an artist, why should the law constrict the freedom of making/introducing "new" music to some uninformed people? Maybe its a statement within itself. Though the original artists may never receive monetary gains, I think Madlib actually cares about the culture of music instead of how much money he or the original musician makes. The lines between conceptual art and stealing can be blurry at times but thats what keeps conversation going and minds thinking.

One great thing about Madlib's beats is that he doesn't really "fuck up the sample" but draws me towards it. "The Official" off Jaylib is a great example. I can see where sampling can go wrong, but you make it seem like sampling all together is bad. Sampling gives original music new life, and a new context because we live in a new world built from the good old days.

There is no such thing as real or fake music.

#22 kcat

kcat

Crate diggin' kitty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

Disco should be pretty damn awesome too. :)

#23 nairoko

nairoko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:07 PM

Disco should be pretty damn awesome too. :)

Posted Image

#24 dirtykics

dirtykics

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:beats and rhymes, kids, my girl, graffiti, ANIME ALL FUKIN DAY! and blackcherry shakes and malts...

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:17 PM

if sampled music bothers you that much then dont fuck with it... honestly u sound like charles hamilton talking about"most producers dont know the key of this/ that". especially in a thread u know is gonna be about madlib either flipping beats or throwing a compilation of shit the aveage person has never heard together... therefore they are giving new life to forgotten ones... dudes aint gettin blank cds with track listings staying "go fuck yourself for name of the track"

dudes get sooo damn technical with this shit... plus they (ST) has been putting cats like LA CARNIVAL and even the whole NOW AGAIN label... and i know u know that 'LIB can play real instruments hence SOUND DIRECTIONS..

dont mean to rant on u dude but i get tired of reading about "ppl that sampled need to know this or that" the same shit gets mentioned right along with these dudes that demand that u give away who u sampled? why? if they paid for the sample then that still dont mean they gotta give it away...

#25 kcat

kcat

Crate diggin' kitty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

nairoko - I sat here watching that way too long, lol :P

#26 Maw-

Maw-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:13 PM

=)

Posted Image

#27 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:23 AM

^^ Thank you!

#28 flybugs

flybugs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:21 AM

so is that madlib mecidine show vol 10 picture a fake??? it looks real...

#29 Chop

Chop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:32 AM

Posted Image

LOL

#30 Minvk

Minvk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:30 PM

its gonna be funny when people from this generation, the lady gaga.. pop generation, are old talking about music from their "good ol days." thier grandchildren are no longer gonna listen to autotune, but actual robots.

why do people get so mad at sampling?? honestly, if you love the "good old days" wouldnt it be refreshing to hear the songs you loved, but with heavier bass and dirtier drums? after all this is hip hop. if its not your style i could understand, by all means continue to listen to O.G.s, but why would you insult other peoples taste in music, especially in a forum of thier music, and say that you "fuck them up by sampling"?

if anything i have expanded my music knowledge thanks to cats like madlib, primo, pete rock, dilla, etc. hip hop has changed my life (cheesy) by having me crate dig and youtube dig(lame, but yes ladies and gents its 2010 and if the technology is there i will use it) which gives exposure to the "good ol days."

i hope my post didnt seem like a rant.
  • SunnyMeadowz likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users