and he's like "WTF !!???!!"

Ahahahah :lol:

#32 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:32 AM

lol funny pic
it's like Rapaport just heard 'lib speak and it sounded like Lord Quas' voice

and he's like "WTF !!???!!"

To me it looks like he's saying what any one of us would be saying, 'That beat on __________ was sooo RAW!!!'

#33 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:06 AM

anybody watch this recently? I believe it just came out on DVD. My thoughts- Was disappointed in the movie, they had such a huge amount of potentially awesome people to interview, and nobody ends up that interesting. Do we need to hear from pharell more than prince paul? Qtip is an egotistical dude, and sure that's interesting, but I don't think the whole movie should have been about that (and phife's diabetes). Just expected more interesting stuff I guess.
what I did love, and why i'm bumping this, was both the title/credit sequences, and madlib/pbw's contributions. Awesome original stuff, awesome use of music throughout. good job stones throw crew, you outshone rapaport no doubt.

#34 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

Yeah, I copped the bluray on Tuesday. FYI, there is a featurette on the bluray about the making of the title sequence. Dope! As far as for the movie as a whole, I thought it was dope and very informative, but there are def some things I would have done differently. There are still some unanswered questions like what was Jarobi's part in the group. Did he contribute anything musically or was he just a hype man or what? Q-Tip was the mastermind behind the whole shit and Phife was his partner in rhyme. Ali and Jarobi just went along for the ride it seems. I mean Ali was the DJ, but I doubt he contributed anything production wise. Tip did come across as egotistical, but I dont know why Phife was trippin cuz Tip always was the front man of the group... and who knows what else went on behind the scenes as far as their relationship. I wish it would have went into more detail about the creative process for Low End Theory and MM. That would have been dope.

#35 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

they had such a huge amount of potentially awesome people to interview, and nobody ends up that interesting. Do we need to hear from pharell more than prince paul?

There was a preview released last year that had bits of interviews with a ton of artists. When I saw the movie in theaters only a couple of the faces had made it into the actual film. I was disappointed that Large Pro got maybe a sentence in.

#36 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

yeah I remember all those short clips of interviews they posted about a year ago. saw them and went "oh shit, this is gonna be some deep stuff"... but I feel like they only scratched the surface of it. hearing from large professor, dj premier, etc. for a split second, basically saying "tribe is dope" or "tribe was influential" over and over again was definitely a disappointment. and why so little about Dilla? I would think that Tip uniting with Dilla and the formation of "the ummah" and all that would have been a big chapter, but they don't even mention it. they didn't even get in depth with/about Ali (always been curious about his role), let alone explaining the mysterious Jarobi's contributions (other than that he's the "soul" of tribe)

but like I said, some dope stuff from madlib and excellent handling of the music by "supervisor" PBW

#37 BleeHLH

BleeHLH

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:11 AM

and why so little about Dilla? I would think that Tip uniting with Dilla and the formation of "the ummah" and all that would have been a big chapter, but they don't even mention it.

There is a little more on this in the extra features on the bluray. How Tribe met Dilla etc... Nothing about "The Ummah" however.

#38 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

Anyone here have those little cues from The Madlib that leaked like four years ago? They were just like tiny itty bitty beats. My old laptop crashed that I had downloaded them onto and the recent OVWAT cues got me reminiscing.

#39 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

I had downloaded them 

gasp!

Sunny downloaded something?!

#40 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

gasp!

Sunny downloaded something?!

I think there was a Blue Moon out that evening...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users