• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 evoke

evoke

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 05:43 PM

I'm not into using the MPC, or any hardware drum machines in general.

But i just got the "behind the Beat book", and I see a couple of cats having two equal MPC's next to each other.
Why have two of the same machine? I've heard some other cats saying they have two Mpc2000 xl and shit. Just wondering why?

Btw:
I have always used a computer and programs like, FL, Reason and Ableton, for making beats.

Is there anyone here who's switched from a computer to a MPC? I feel that i can work 2-3 times as fast with the computer than a MPC... but i have been thinking about investing in the Mpc2500. I'm so tired of looking into the screen using the mouse all the time..

#2 djobserv

djobserv

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 10:19 PM

a lot of people use more than one mpc because they offer different features, some people prefer the sound of the mpc 60 or 3000, but have a mpc 2000xl because its more user friendly... im not too sure why producers have two of the same machine, my friend was talking about getting a second mpc 2000xl because hes worried that his current 2000xl might not last too much longer..

i can work 200000 times faster on th mpc than on the computer... i can chop samples a lot more accurately and faster using the mpc...... its easier to assign samples to pads and using features such as 16 levels which allows for control of different parameters like Tuning, decay, attack, volume... and just the feel of the sequencer, theirs nothing like the mpc sequencer....

#3 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 25 December 2006 - 03:05 AM

shadow used to use two mpc's cos of memory issues

#4 DeeSupreme

DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:57 AM

i switched from computer (running reason 3.0...) to mpc, bought my mpc 2000xl (fully expanded with ram) last summer and i switched cause i was tired or clickking the fucking mouse all day and getting shit done slower than i can do it with mpc, second reason is that mpc´s have kinda warmer sound and for my opinnion i dont have to fix drums or bass much as i had to fix em on reason to get em sound exactly like i want em to sound...

only thing i use my computer for nowdays (in music sense) is recording and final mixing...
... my pc used to crash so i lost some of my best beats due to the crashing problem, my mpc havent even freezed once... so this is better sollution for me, might not work for everyone though...

... oh yeah and the sampling is easier nowdays cause i can just connect my turntable staright to the mpc without having to re-d the settings on my computer everytime i want to sample (every time i make beats so its every day :lol: )...

#5 snub

snub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:37 PM

I switched from PC to MPC, and like 2 weeks after that I switched right back. The reason was that I got too frustrated with the MPC because I had to learn everything again, and I couldn't even make one hot loop out of samples I dug myself on the MPC. I guess I'm too used to the computer, and I don't see why I should work with the MPC when I can have everything it offers and a lot more with the computer and Akai-MPD or Korg padKontrol... But yeah I also spend a lot of time on the computer when I'm not making beats, so I guess it's a matter of personal preferance...

#6 DeeSupreme

DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE: The reason was that I got too frustrated with the MPC because I had to learn everything again

... Patience .

#7 Intelx

Intelx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:05 AM

I used to be a software junky myself. I used to swear by Reason. One day I one day found myself starting to get bored making beats with a mouse and clicking. I felt like I couldn't really get into my beats the way I wanted to and trust me it reflects in the final product.

I went strictly hardware aftarwards. Picked up an MPC-1000 and an SP-404 with a midi controller and I will never go back. Don't get me wrong I will use some refills from Reason or VST's to add some sounds but overall beat making is done in hardware strictly.

Intelx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users