85 replies to this topic

#31 shroombudagwa

shroombudagwa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:35 AM

ok you got me, I dont like ghosts voice, I odnt think its easily digestible but hey thats just my opinion, but you know what it was obviously a mistake Mr. Steady, I'll use this quote as a reference...

Your reading skills are not up to par. If someone says that they're not going to listen to hip hop anymore because the beats are wack, wouldn't that imply that beats are the only reason they're listening? I don't think beat programmers had anything to do with the birth of this culture, pick up a book. I think theres disconnect between what hip hop is and what rap music is with some of you cats. Shakey how does one stop listening to hip hop? Hip hop is a culture. I don't think you understand my comments, because it appears you don't even understand the culture I'm talking about. You sound like a bandwagon hip hopper.

Projexion, I'm most disappionted in your statements because you've PRESENTED yourself as a dj. Those are beats programmers you've listed, not producers first off. They're only a part of the culture. How the fuck does emceeing and beats making go hand in hand. Just cause its been presented that way and you ate it up, doesn't make it true. Where were the beat makers during the block parties and events that birthed rap music!? Beatboxing is the only element of hip hop that has senority like emceeing. Before ASRs, MPCs, DAT tapes or any of that shit, it was djs, breaks, beatboxers!. I have advice for you, Style Wars, Wild Style, Beat Street! Let me know when you see a beat programmer or producer in anyone of those representations of authentic hip hop.....hahaha

I just hope I don't find myself at one of your dj sets!!!

see most of us knowlagable cats were talking from our main influence from teh 90's and up. See we know of that Block Party era, but its not our main influence, like it is yours, see I thought I was an old (new)skool (90's) advocate, your obvioulsy much older because you take your main influence fromlike 78.

Wow man, what was it like?
were you there?
did you meet Herc?

Man I take everything bad I ever thought about you, your actually the wisest of all of us. You have my sicerest apologies.

#32 Jamal From Ghostwriter

Jamal From Ghostwriter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:35 AM

I like it for the most part....

Especially Still Dreaming and the joint Chris Webber produced...

#33 BillSteady

BillSteady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Music + Culture

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:42 AM

ok you got me, I dont like ghosts voice, I odnt think its easily digestible but hey thats just my opinion, but you know what it was obviously a mistake Mr. Steady, I'll use this quote as a reference...
see most of us knowlagable cats were talking from our main influence from teh 90's and up. See we know of that Block Party era, but its not our main influence, like it is yours, see I thought I was an old (new)skool (90's) advocate, your obvioulsy much older because you take your main influence fromlike 78.

Wow man, what was it like?
were you there?
did you meet Herc?

Man I take everything bad I ever thought about you, your actually the wisest of all of us. You have my sicerest apologies.

nice recant

#34 Mattremot

Mattremot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:47 AM

First I'd like to apologize for foolishly thinking of hip-hop in the light I used to. I was wrong.

BillSteady is clearly an elder statesman

It took nothing less than the words of a legend to right our ways. Stones Throw members, I ask you all to finally recognize one who knows all. He is Billsteady, a man among boys - NO - ants.

I'll get to work on his Wikipedia page.

#35 shroombudagwa

shroombudagwa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:48 AM

oh i cant wait,
i will pay homage immediately! :unsure:

#36 BillSteady

BillSteady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:55 AM

oh i cant wait,
i will pay homage immediately! :unsure:

I doubt at 26 I'm the eldest, but even when I was 16 I thought and researched before speaking. You should try it.

#37 Mattremot

Mattremot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:02 AM

We bow

#38 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:19 AM

BillSteady, no disrespect intended but I think it's your approach that everyone's having discourse with. If you really are as wise in the way of Hip Hop culture as you claim, then simply kick us some knowledge in a courteous way.

I met Kool Herc at a show once and let me tell you, that is one WISE old cat. But see even with the legendary status he possesses, he can still get down on your level and spread some knowledge without holding his nose up high. Take a lesson from him and please, meet us halfway. Peace.

#39 shroombudagwa

shroombudagwa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:45 AM

yah Bill Im sorry I dont know where you're hatred come from, it so misguided.
You seem to be hostile and straight up diss people when they have a different view than you.
I would think the son of god which what you are right? thats what makes you so great right?

would know a little better, and learn the lessons that a wise person should know, like common courtousey, politenss.

I have a vision if you. Im thinking you have no friends, or maybe a couple who you met at work, get stoned with and listen to madlib albums.

Face it man you're a schmuck and everybody on this board seems to be thinking that way.

I apologize to everyone on this board because beefing is not what I am about, its just sometimes little nerds can get under my skin.
No offense son god bill but its time to face up, your a douche.

#40 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,510 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:07 PM

am i wrong in thinking that 99.9% of people on this board like madlib for his beats not rhymes?? i was thinking about what bill had said earlier and came up with a brilliant answer but i have a fucker of a hangover and cant remember,my brain is not working so i no longer have anything to say on this subject

bye!!

#41 labeledasabadcharacter

labeledasabadcharacter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:I'm an addict for sneakers, 20's of buddah and bitches with beepers.

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:08 PM

shroom, that's a little harsh. Dude took a stab at you so in the words of the G-O-D you seem talk about (it's alright, I think the spirit of Christmas has got ya) turn the other cheek. So he don't like you beats. Whatev'. Dudes entitled to his opinion as you are but let's be civilized about it. Y'all are acting like Greg and Marsha fighting over who gets the attic as their room. Geez.

#42 shroombudagwa

shroombudagwa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:16 PM

jamie bud , you have to go back and read the thread,
he was talking nonsens from the beginning, lets see if i can find some quotes,
ps, belive me I was turning the other cheek but when he disses me because Im not big on Ghosts voice and basically saying beats are wack compared to the MC.

Anyway point is he was giving all sorts of weak arguments, Id rebute them but hes just a wack cat, what can I say.

So again, my apologies, good luck to you Bill, Im sure deep down you're just a sad littel boy who wants to be loved, who knows maybe you're still scarred that you never got that trike you wanted when you were 5. either way, have fun and take care.
ren

#43 Mattremot

Mattremot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:22 PM

So anyway!

Hip-Hop is Dead - like I said I haven't heard any of it yet - how are the Kanye tracks?

#44 shroombudagwa

shroombudagwa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:33 PM

here are some classicc Bill lines and arguments...
lets listen in kids, cause really I love this guy.

"I don't think beat programmers had anything to do with the birth of this culture, pick up a book."

Shrrom rebut:
you're right, perhaps not its birth but certainly its eveolution. I would never have fallen in love with hiphop if it hadnt been for beat programmers. Primo, RZA, Tribe, Dilla, madlib...

"Shakey how does one stop listening to hip hop? Hip hop is a culture. I don't think you understand my comments, because it appears you don't even understand the culture I'm talking about. You sound like a bandwagon hip hopper."

Shrooms thoughts:
He accuses Shakey Finch of not understanding hiphop culture, is this true Shakes? are you really ignorant of what Hiphop Culture is?
Is he accurate in describing you as a bandwagon Hiphopper?

"How the fuck does emceeing and beats making go hand in hand(?)." - i added the question mark.

Shroom:
How does beat making and mcing go hand in hand? are you serious?
well.if you dont know, its like this, Beatmakers/producers whatever, make beats with the intention of having emcees rhyme over them. Rappers, approach beatmaker sto make beats for them to rhyme over.

Does this explain anything MR Steady?

and the kicker...
Shroom:
Ghostface's voice can grate on my ears.

Bill:
Thats some of the most homoerotic shit I've ever heard!

WHAt!?!

anyways, again, Im sorry folks but he is wack and the truth needed to be known, if it wanst already, ahhh now I can get my rest, until his next ignorant comment.

#45 jeebus_unit

jeebus_unit

STMB Hooligan/Ne'er-do-well

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:37 PM

Posted Image

#46 shroombudagwa

shroombudagwa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:41 PM

yah Im sorry but i had to get that out.

peace.
ren

#47 BillSteady

BillSteady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:43 PM

"E-thugs and flower children unite for one cause!"
Damn, If I would have know you mufuckas was this friendly I would have baked a cake. I think thats all very sweet of you guys, but Ill pass on the "online ring toss" you all are playing. Its funny how coward and dumbasses band together in the face of opposition. The fact remains, I stated a point and I see it was felt. Thank you.

#48 shroombudagwa

shroombudagwa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:46 PM

see, need I say more,
thasnk Bill you jusat cleared my name.
peace holmes, you schmuck.

#49 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:53 PM

He accuses Shakey Finch of not understanding hiphop culture, is this true Shakes? are you really ignorant of what Hiphop Culture is?

nah not ignorant of what it is,i know all about it(but dont claim to be an expert) but after 20 odd years listening to this shit im bitter and in general dont give a fuck

a girl was asking me the other day after she saw my records and studio why i never even mention music,fact is i avoid near enough all music discussions outside of the net cos once i get going i just bore myself(and probably others)i prefer talking about girls tits to be honest

sometimes im like this about music :P and other times im like this :blink:

#50 BillSteady

BillSteady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:53 PM

see, need I say more,
thasnk Bill you jusat cleared my name.
peace holmes, you schmuck.

oK Shoom.......I know why you're mad. I'm sorry for exposing you with the quote from your own post. Please everyone forgive me, for I have deeply hurt Mr. whateverhisname is. If its any consolation, would be mad too. :blink:

#51 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:55 PM

damn bill your really chomping on the bit here

i like it though shits fun innit! :blink:

#52 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:03 PM

nah not ignorant of what it is,i know all about it(but dont claim to be an expert) but after 20 odd years listening to this shit im bitter and in general dont give a fuck

a girl was asking me the other day after she saw my records and studio why i never even mention music,fact is i avoid near enough all music discussions outside of the net cos once i get going i just bore myself(and probably others)i prefer talking about girls tits to be honest

sometimes im like this about music :P and other times im like this :blink:

I always just assume people know that about me (that I make hip ho) and then when they finally find out and make a big deal about it its a lil awkward. Like you, I'd much rather talk about tits... or just play with them.

#53 jeebus_unit

jeebus_unit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:08 PM

Shroom and Bill = two thalidomide babies in a slap-boxing match.

:blink:

#54 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:08 PM

I always just assume people know that about me (that I make hip ho) and then when they finally find out and make a big deal about it its a lil awkward. Like you, I'd much rather talk about tits... or just play with them.

ahaha yes!! playing with them is better!

but yeh the girl i mentioned was like what music do you make? get in the studio and get doing it,do you need a singer? i was like :blink: ummmm its akward and embarrasing,music is just sumthin i do in private kinda like masterbating

oh and back on the subject i listend to some of the nas album today couple of the beats are alreet as it goes

that detective impersonation is fucking just plain wrong,i think he was drunk when he did that,imagine trying to keep your face straight if you were in the studio with him,infact fuck that imagine if you gave him a beat and he sent that back,umm cheers for that nas!

anyways im talking bollocks now,i need to get a bath and leave the house

#55 labeledasabadcharacter

labeledasabadcharacter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:I'm an addict for sneakers, 20's of buddah and bitches with beepers.

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:14 PM

Shroom and Bill = two thalidomide babies in a slap-boxing match.

:blink:

#56 TroN

TroN

STMB's Digital Dirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop, DRums, Art, Xbox 360

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:15 PM

HIP HOP IS DEAD CAUSE HE KILLED IT....true definition of sellout.....snoop dog rapping about hoes money or pushing crack....i heard one song where nas is like " put a ak clip in, shoot the dj" some whack shit like that.......go die nas

#57 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:17 PM

I definitely agree about the beating a dead horse post, if Bill really cared about his point of view, private messaging would be the place to take this debate. He obviously needs an audience to get some attention, don't get it twisted he loves playing the puritanical hip hop martyr.

But read my last post again if you think I'm ganging up on you. Peace.

#58 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:19 PM

anyone else like tits?

#59 jeebus_unit

jeebus_unit

• Members